Granny's gone and done it again

Only think hatching now is under a broody hen and all the chicks are old enough they don't need the heat lamp now. Mid 70's at night here and they are getting some feathers on them. By day they have a ceiling fan on the ones still in a brooder in the sun room. The outdoor brooder with grow pen is a riot now. Some will soon be big enough for the grill.

Only think hatching now is under a broody hen and all the chicks are old enough they don't need the heat lamp now. Mid 70's at night here and they are getting some feathers on them. By day they have a ceiling fan on the ones still in a brooder in the sun room. The outdoor brooder with grow pen is a riot now. Some will soon be big enough for the grill.
good job!

Worst part of losing electric now is losing AC. It's still 80° outside now. Going to cool the house down to 72° so we can sleep. Lots of work to do tomorrow with chickens if we can't do anything in the garden. One thing we can do is plant 3 muscadine grapes. I have a Late Fry and 2 Ruby Crisp grape vines that need planting really bad. Ma has got the Butterfly Garden up and going and a lot of annual flowers started in a few places. Plans are underway to build a greenhouse for winter tomatoes and squash and to be able to start and sell vegetable plants at the farmers market we have now.

Worst part of losing electric now is losing AC. It's still 80° outside now. Going to cool the house down to 72° so we can sleep. Lots of work to do tomorrow with chickens if we can't do anything in the garden. One thing we can do is plant 3 muscadine grapes. I have a Late Fry and 2 Ruby Crisp grape vines that need planting really bad. Ma has got the Butterfly Garden up and going and a lot of annual flowers started in a few places. Plans are underway to build a greenhouse for winter tomatoes and squash and to be able to start and sell vegetable plants at the farmers market we have now.
I couldnt sleep in that heat either. 72 here. My ex stepfather had mucsadine and scupernogs. He made wine from them.

Back
Top Bottom