Growing my little flock

Pics
Roos are totally hard mode like everyone says, at least standard sized ones sure are, but I do love 'em. I think my husband wondered for a while what insanity I'd fallen into trying to do a bachelor flock, since basically all of my roos/cockerels went through a husband-biting phase, but I think Vanilla Bean at least has won him over lol.
They do seem like a handful some days! But I always think it’s admirable when people can keep a bachelor flock. It’s not their fault they’re born male and full of hormones, so I think they at least deserve a chance :)

Looks like the most responsible thing at this point given the bachelor boy drama may drag out is to do pullets for Vanilla Bean and try to do the ol' switcheroo at night properly with broody Scruffy. Means I have to find a mail order option that will be timed well with Scruffy's broody cycle.

Meanwhile, beautiful day for pictures today! Vanilla Bean, Mr. Monster, some eggy babies (barred rocks LOL), and Junior with the ladies.
IMG_0590.png

IMG_0597.png

IMG_0592.png

IMG_0603.png

Looks like the most responsible thing at this point given the bachelor boy drama may drag out is to do pullets for Vanilla Bean and try to do the ol' switcheroo at night properly with broody Scruffy. Means I have to find a mail order option that will be timed well with Scruffy's broody cycle.

Meanwhile, beautiful day for pictures today! Vanilla Bean, Mr. Monster, some eggy babies (barred rocks LOL), and Junior with the ladies.
View attachment 3828948
View attachment 3828950
View attachment 3828949
View attachment 3828947

Your birds are beautiful!
Agree!! They’re soo gorgeous

Back
Top Bottom