Has anyone ever had a rooster go Broody?

Quote:

When you think of the millions of unwanted male chicks each year that are put to death, it makes sense. I am sure they cost less to feed than running a heat bulb and they are not going to start a fire. Plus, no brooder ever taught a chick how to eat and drink.

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a rooster go broody and hatch chicks?
Youtube had a video of a black breasted silver Cochin bantam rooster that went broody, sat on eggs, hatched them and then raised the chicks.

Youtube had a video of a black breasted silver Cochin bantam rooster that went broody, sat on eggs, hatched them and then raised the chicks.

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a rooster go broody and hatch chicks?
broody rooster.jpg

I have a brahma rooster always sitting next to her broody flock mate. One time i tried to move him away to see his reaction and he immediately gets back to the hen and makes the broody mama noise. He stays with her day and night. Only comes out to eat. Also, this is the first time for my buff brahma hen to go broody. Its her first clutch as well.

Back
Top Bottom