Head injury !

Debshappyflock71

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
Hi ! I’m hoping someone can help me ! I have a 6 month old chocolate silky hen with I believe is a head injury ! A couple months ago I had to separate her from the juvenile flock because one of the young little roosters were hitting that in between maturity mark and not knowing how to treat the ladies ! I noticed him biting and pulling on the back of their neck and heads too roughly! So I ended up taking him out of the flock as well and eventually rehomed him and about 14 other boys once I realized how many lol ! But anyway when I separated her I noticed a puncture on the back of her head and it was a little swollen at the time ! I did treat her with poultry cel extra vitamins and sprayed the area with veteracin or whatever the stuff in the blue bottle is called! I let her go back with the flock once the swelling went down and she at least seamed better ! But for about a month I’ve been noticing her a lot head kind of swaying side to side drunk looking maybe off balance! She can see because when I wave treats or my hand in front she does react ! She eats and drinks walks and interacts with all her roommates as if nothing were wrong but I can’t help but wonder if she’s really okay or is there something that I can do to help her ? Tia ! I tried uploading a video of her and it’s not letting me!

Attachments

• F90A3515-F5E6-4369-B0D3-AB046DBBA773.jpeg
    F90A3515-F5E6-4369-B0D3-AB046DBBA773.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom