Hello Back Yard Chickens!!

idjsibb

In the Brooder
May 3, 2022
Im excited to join the Back Yard Chicken thread to get ideas, thoughts, advice and support for fellow chicken lovers.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I have had Backyard Chickens for around 2 years. So I'm a newbie.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We had 7 to start with and my wife could not resist 3 more a few months ago. We are almost ready to release the new chicks to the 7 older Chickens. we will see what happens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Sexlink? I think

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I am easily entertained ... love watching the chickens in the backyard. The eggs are great also!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Outdoor activities, Camping, riding my razor and 4 wheelers. hunting and fishing when able.... Just went part time at work so hoping to increase more outdoor fun.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
we have 4 yorkies. ( 2 adopted for other people.) 16 grandkids, 5 children. Live in Southeast Idaho. Cold winters , Hot summer, Beautiful Fall! I am an Anesthesia Provider at local Trauma Center. (CRNA)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Found it searching online about Chickens.

8. my dilemma is I am currently building a new Coop. 6x12. Just want to do it right. We bought a store bought coop with the original chickens but in our area, too cold in a flimsy coop. Struggled with cold, snowy winters trying to keep the girls happy. New coop will be winter proof, insulated and on the ground ( not elevated 3 feet) plan to try the deep pine bedding inside the coop. Thanks for this site...

Back
Top Bottom