Hello from Kentucky

Welcome to BYC! I also live in central KY, in Lexington. I have three buff orp chicks--ordered from Ideal. I ordered pullets, but if I get a surprise roo I'll let you know. I think at least one of my polish might be a roo, and possibly a couple of my EE chicks too if you are interested in either of those breeds. I'm not sure how well keeping roosters in a suburb will work out...my neighbors might hate me.

Mario49 sorry for your loss. I have been fortunate with my order back in May from Cackle. I ordered 15 and they sent 16 in June. All sixteen have made it so far and are doing great. They are maturing as expected at different rates and that is why I am presently getting 6 to 7 eggs a day. Two weeks ago I was getting 2 to 3. I am guessing that a new layer is coming online about every 3-4 days presently.

Thanks for the info Andora. If you end up with a roo out of the Buff Orp chicks let me know. I was worried about noise as well and that is why I ordered all girls. I am in the country but have neighbors fairly close. The girls make a lot more noise than I expected so that is why I am going on and getting a roo for them. A few of my girls are pretty loud after laying their egg. They like to announce to the world that they completed a project. It is entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom