help! 1st time incubating question, need quick answer

classroomhatcher

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Hi, I am incubating eggs in my daughters 1st grade class. I have the temperature perfect in the bator, marked the eggs with X's and O'x for turning since I dont have an auto turner. Do I turn them on the first day or leave them alone?

Thanks

Hi,
After recieving your eggs, let them sit for about 6-8 hours at room temperature. Then place them in the incubator set at 99.5 degrees. Turn eggs 3 times a day. Morning, afternoon, and night. Julie
smile.png
Good luck! What kind of chicks?

Hi Julie, thanks for you quick answer. I did let them sit at room temp for 8 hours and them placed them in the bator at 99.5 this morning, so I should start turning them today?

I am not sure what type of chicks they will be. I bought the eggs from an Amish farm here in Michigan. They are brown eggs. Hopefully we will get some to hatch. The first graders are so "EGG-CITED".

Amy

Amy,, yes I would start turning them after you put them in your incubator about every 6 hours or so...it's what I did and mine are hatching now. Make sure to add water every few days,,,that's sooo important. Make sure the kids don't bump the incubator lid and let in air beside when you open them to turn the eggs. Turn them gently...roll slowly. Read your instructions with the incubator you are using for exactly how it works. If you have any more questions,,,this is a great place to find good answers I found.
Good luck! Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom