Help! 8 week old chick stopped eating and drinking!

The Durastat is some herbals in a solution with citric acid preservative. There is nothing that would treat coccidiosis. I would keep the Corid water plain.

For a quick boost give her 01.ml per pound of undiluted Corid once or twice a day. If you have powder Corid mix 1.5 tsp of it into 2 tsp of water, and give the same amount. Encourage drinking by dipping her beak into water. Try to coax her to drink by dipping her beak into it. You may also put a little of the Corid water into a bit of the chick feed in a small bowl and tap it for her to eat.

How is she doing?
Thanks for checking in! She stopped drinking today but is eating ok. I started giving her the corid water by dropping it on her beak and then she gets little drops at a time. She seems a little more lethargic again today but still has moments where she gets up to forage with her friends or eat some food.

Do you (or anyone reading this thread) know how much corid water (using the 9.6% liquid diluted with water) I should give her a day if she isn’t drinking on her own? She weighs 500grams at 8weeks.

The Durastat is some herbals in a solution with citric acid preservative. There is nothing that would treat coccidiosis. I would keep the Corid water plain.

For a quick boost give her 01.ml per pound of undiluted Corid once or twice a day. If you have powder Corid mix 1.5 tsp of it into 2 tsp of water, and give the same amount. Encourage drinking by dipping her beak into water. Try to coax her to drink by dipping her beak into it. You may also put a little of the Corid water into a bit of the chick feed in a small bowl and tap it for her to eat.
Just seeing this after I wrote my last post asking about giving her the corid directly!

If I have the 9.6% solution-not the powder—do you happen to know the dose for that I can give her to give her a boost in addition to the corid in the water? I tried dipping her beak in the corid water but she fought pretty good. I know I’m not good at it either!! It was much easier when they were little :)

Seems to prefer when I drop little drops on the tip of her beak and then they sort of just “roll in” and she will make that swallowing motion so I know she got it. :)

If I have the 9.6% solution-not the powder—do you happen to know the dose for that I can give her to give her a boost in addition to the corid in the water? I tried dipping her beak in the corid water but she fought pretty good. I know I’m not good at it either!! It was much easier when they were little
👇Direct oral dose of 9.6% liquid was posted earlier, I've quoted it below. This is in addition to her drinking the mixed Corid water as well. If she's not drinking on her own, then you will want to syringe the mixed Corid water into her throughout the day so she's getting the medication and staying hydrated.
I've asked for photos of her and the poop on your other thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cocci-or-malnutrition.1567395/#post-26603959

Back
Top Bottom