Help! Chicken diarrhea!

katnichole523

Hatching
Aug 7, 2024
Hi everyone!

I’m new to owning chickens and new to the forum. My girls are 6 months old were great up until 2 days ago when they were just a little more lethargic. I’m in Southern California and it’s been hot (they have shade, a fan, a mister, frozen treats) and I attributed it to it just being a little warmer so they want to do a little less. Well now one is not really interested in food and they have diarrhea. I need help and don’t know what to do. I love my girls and I want to get ahead of this before it gets worse because I know animals hide their symptoms. I ordered Corid to have on hand and it should arrive on Saturday along with safeguard. Do my girls have a parasite or a worm?

Sorry for the poop pictures but figured it’s better to show rather than discribe.

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    878.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    924.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3910.jpeg
    IMG_3910.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 5
It’s possible she has a parasite, but you’d likely see stuff like little white or red worms in the poop.

I know in the summer my birds eat less and drink a lot more water. So sometimes their poop is more runny. I’d just keep an eye on it. She’ll probably be just fine <3

Those treats are water rich so they can cause their poops to be watery. Hot weather can also cause them to drink more water which can also cause watery poops

The fact that they are acting off though does concern me. I don't think corrid or deworming would hurt, but I think it's a combination of treats and the weather

Back
Top Bottom