HELP CHICKEN EGGBOUND?

SalChickenOwner

Chirping
Sep 25, 2020
Hello all I'm writing this in a rush because I don't know what's wrong. My hen randomly couldn't walk and started breathing heavy, her crop feels a little big too. We gave her a bath with salt and warm water and I have her wrapped up (not tight). I feel sudden taps/short pushes and she tries to get up. She's breathing heavy and has her eyes closed. Thank you all
1000002141.jpg

Her crop should feel nice and full during the day and especially at bedtime. It should empty overnight. I would let her get up if she wants to, she may be trying to push an egg out. Do you have a dog crate you can put her in so she can move freely but you can keep an eye on her?

Is her vent area bulging, or does her lower belly under her vent seem enlarged or bluish? How old is she and has she laid eggs recently? If one is suspected of having a stuck egg, give them a human calcium tablet or Tums. Calcium citrate with vitamin D is available at Walmart and the best for her, but any calcium or Tums can be broken in half and given orally. Try getting her to drink some water with a cup up to her beak in case she is dehydrated.

Her crop should feel nice and full during the day and especially at bedtime. It should empty overnight. I would let her get up if she wants to, she may be trying to push an egg out. Do you have a dog crate you can put her in so she can move freely but you can keep an eye on her?
She died and we got the egg too late

I do have them jn a dog crate I did exactly as you said but it didn't work

Back
Top Bottom