Help with Duckling

AmourIsAGoose

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2024
This is my sister's duckling, Banana, 6 ½ weeks.

We didn't notice anything until today, what's wrong with her?? She's got a funny walk, sits down in water w her chest down & doesn't move, and her leg almost points to the other. She also seems like her spin is off.
IMG_20240814_200056_505.jpg

I agree, she looks way too small for 6.5 weeks. What about the other ducklings, are they the same? Can you get a video of her walking? Have you examined her feet and legs to see if there's any injury? Does she have constant access to food and water, day and night?

Is she eating enough? She just looks underdeveloped.

I’d get her some of Durvet’s vitamin B complex - 1 ml per day over some tasty treats. It’ll help with her legs.
She and her sister ate plenty, they had large bowls.

I've moved her sister, French Toast, outside with my older ducks.
Can you get that at tractor supply?
It seems to just be getting worse, even with Brewers yeast.

Attachments

• duck2.JPG
    duck2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
I agree, she looks way too small for 6.5 weeks. What about the other ducklings, are they the same? Can you get a video of her walking? Have you examined her feet and legs to see if there's any injury? Does she have constant access to food and water, day and night?
I may have been a week off, I'm not sure. Her sister, same age but larger, has nothing wrong with her. I'll try to get a video, but she doesnt move much. No injuries. Always has access to food / water, but her sister was moved outside this evening. This is how she stands.

* When she walks, she swings her bad foot out, and tries to jump back to the other foot that isnt so bad.

She and her sister ate plenty, they had large bowls.

I've moved her sister, French Toast, outside with my older ducks.
Can you get that at tractor supply?
It seems to just be getting worse, even with Brewers yeast.
Yes, you can.
I believe the B3 complex is recommended for something like this, as it is faster acting than the brewers yeast.

I may have been a week off, I'm not sure. Her sister, same age but larger, has nothing wrong with her. I'll try to get a video, but she doesnt move much. No injuries. Always has access to food / water, but her sister was moved outside this evening. This is how she stands.

* When she walks, she swings her bad foot out, and tries to jump back to the other foot that isnt so bad.
Try this if niacin deficiency this is the best stuff and also water therapy to get those leg muscles strong. This is the B Complex you want. 1 ml daily over a small amount of treat so you know she is getting a full dose.

Attachments

• IMG_2678 2.jpeg
    IMG_2678 2.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom