Help!

Jaxx_

Chirping
May 25, 2024
It’s Day 20 and one chick has started to pip ( see pic below) it’s been about 3 hours and there has been no progress more than this… should I be worried? I lowered the humidity to about 74% is what it’s reading now.

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2152.jpeg
    IMG_2152.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 2
It can take them up to 24 hours to hatch after externally pipping. The humidity will jump a little every time one hatches but it will go down. It should be around 70%. I would leave the incubator closed and let them do their thing.

Maybe get some ice cream to get your mind off of it. ☺️

It can take them up to 24 hours to hatch after externally pipping. The humidity will jump a little every time one hatches but it will go down. It should be around 70%. I would leave the incubator closed and let them do their thing.

Maybe get some ice cream to get your mind off of it. ☺️
Okay, thank you 😊

Very welcome! I hope you have a great hatch!!

I incubate a lot, and trust me, I have to go get ice cream quite often. Chocolate almond fudge is my favorite!
Ooooo yum 😋
Yeah I’m nervous.. like it’s now at 79% it hasn’t popped more than the pic.. so idk just praying they’re okay and have a healthy hatch.
Thank you 😊

Ooooo yum 😋
Yeah I’m nervous.. like it’s now at 79% it hasn’t popped more than the pic.. so idk just praying they’re okay and have a healthy hatch.
Thank you 😊
They rest a lot, like peck a little, then rest. I have had a few practically pop out of their eggs in under a few minutes, and others just took their sweet time. I've gone to bed before and woke up to a peeping chick.

Awe okay yeah he seems to be resting a lot lol. Do you think having the lights off is okay? Like can they be in the dark? Or while I’m sleeping should I keep a light on for them?

Awe okay yeah he seems to be resting a lot lol. Do you think having the lights off is okay? Like can they be in the dark? Or while I’m sleeping should I keep a light on for them?
Our two incubators are in our bedroom, so lights are off at night and they can listen to the TV for a while. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom