Hen beak cracked, exposed tissue and blood

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
Something just spooked my hens and caused one to presumably crash into a wall. One side of her beak cracked and a piece kind of bended away from her beak, leaving a sharp edge with exposed tissue. Blood has kind of flooded the area between her top outer beak and the top inside palette.

There isn’t active bleeding but I did wipe visable blood away. She seems on edge and keeps going into the nesting box, probably to calm herself down. She drank water but seems stressed.

If i superglue it, the glue might flood into my hens mouth potentially with how the injury is placed. What should I do?

In the image below i highlighted how large the injury is in red.

Attachments

• IMG_8311.jpeg
    IMG_8311.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8313.jpeg
    IMG_8313.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 6
Something just spooked my hens and caused one to presumably crash into a wall. One side of her beak cracked and a piece kind of bended away from her beak, leaving a sharp edge with exposed tissue. Blood has kind of flooded the area between her top outer beak and the top inside palette.

There isn’t active bleeding but I did wipe visable blood away. She seems on edge and keeps going into the nesting box, probably to calm herself down. She drank water but seems stressed.

If i superglue it, the glue might flood into my hens mouth potentially with how the injury is placed. What should I do?

In the image below i highlighted how large the injury is in red.
Here you go, I'd try to repair it.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/repairing-chickens-broken-beak/

Back
Top Bottom