hen moving neck weird and not eating!!

also how can I help her while she is throwing up so she doesn't aspirate it? Sorry for all the questions
I would suggest cleaning her up everytime she throws up. I had a hen who had sour crop for a long time, and everytime I induced vomiting on her I cleaned her beak and her nose, even if nothing was there. I also put some VetRX around her nose to help with her breathing if she does have anything in her nose from vomiting. You also need to take breaks. So, make her vomit a little and then put her back to normal and let her breathe for a minute or so, and then rinse and repeat.

Long story short:
- Keep her nose and mouth clean
-Put VetRX around nostrils so she can breathe better
-Take breaks while inducing vomiting

Don't be sorry about asking questions! I am thinking that if she is only drinking water and not eating anything, that is why she is puking up water. It can also be a sign of worms. Have you dewormed her recently?

I would suggest cleaning her up everytime she throws up. I had a hen who had sour crop for a long time, and everytime I induced vomiting on her I cleaned her beak and her nose, even if nothing was there. I also put some VetRX around her nose to help with her breathing if she does have anything in her nose from vomiting. You also need to take breaks. So, make her vomit a little and then put her back to normal and let her breathe for a minute or so, and then rinse and repeat.

Long story short:
- Keep her nose and mouth clean
-Put VetRX around nostrils so she can breathe better
-Take breaks while inducing vomiting

Don't be sorry about asking questions! I am thinking that if she is only drinking water and not eating anything, that is why she is puking up water. It can also be a sign of worms. Have you dewormed her recently?
ok thank you so much for your help!! Henny penny says thank you too!!

Of course! Also, that is an adorable name!!

Have you dewormed Ms. Penny lately? Sometimes vomiting up clear liquid can be a sign of worms. It could also be caused by her only drinking water and not eating.
I just bought dewormer and I will give it to her when it gets here but she has not been dewormed before. Is it ok to feed her and give her water?

Back
Top Bottom