Hens leg won't heal any ideas

Joshc1998

Hatching
Sep 21, 2024
My hen has an infection on her leg from her losing her spur she has received two different lots of antibiotics as well as antiseptic cream and having the leg bathed but nothing works and now it is getting worse she has had this for about a month the blue on her feathers is an antiseptic wound spray antibiotics have been gotten from vets but they haven't suggested anything else so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20240914_204201439.jpg
    PXL_20240914_204201439.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 12
Do you have a tractor supply nearby? If so I would pick up a tube of “Silver Honey”. I’ve used that many times on wounds that wouldn’t heal. This spring I bought a pony and when he arrived he had an infected cut on his leg that the previous owner said was from a barbed wire fence. The swelling was the size of a golf ball. The vet gave him a shot of penicillin and the usual topicals were not doing much. So I tried “Silver Honey”. The next day the swelled up lump was draining puss and by the third day of application it had completely drained and the swelling was down. After a week it was completely healed up.

Last edited:
Do you have a tractor supply nearby? If so I would pick up a tube of “Silver Honey”. I’ve used that many times on wounds that wouldn’t heal. This spring I bought a pony and when he arrived he had an infected cut on his leg that the previous owner said was from a barbed wire fence. The swelling was the size of a golf ball. The vet gave him a shot of penicillin and the usual topicals were not doing much. I tried picked up the “Silver Honey” from tractor supply and applied it right away. The next day the swelling was draining puss and by the third day of application it had completely drained and the swelling was down. After a week it was completely healed up.
We haven't tried that so will look into that thanks

Back
Top Bottom