How long for Durvet Niacin results?

FenrisMau

Chirping
Jun 11, 2024
I've noticed a balancing issue with one of my ducks, so started increasing his niacin intake immediately. I put 1 ml of Durvet Vitamin B complex on a watermelon slice and made sure he was the one that got all of that. That was yesterday evening... he looks worse today. I have nutritional yeast mixed in with the food as well. Plan to keep doing this, for at least a week after symptoms subside. How long until I begin seeing results?

This is the feed they are on... why is only one of my ducks showing this symptom out of three? The feed is formulated for ducks their age, and has higher niacin content for them also. https://www.newcountryorganics.com/duck-grower-40lb.html

How old is your duckling and how long has this been going on? the longer it has been going on the longer it usually takes. But keep it up if it is a niacin deficiency it will clear it up. Many times we have seen ducklings being fed great feed with appropriate niacin in it and one will still come down with a deficiency, why? not sure maybe they just don't assimilate the Niacin in the feed for some reason but will react to the liquid B Complex.

How old is your duckling and how long has this been going on? the longer it has been going on the longer it usually takes. But keep it up if it is a niacin deficiency it will clear it up. Many times we have seen ducklings being fed great feed with appropriate niacin in it and one will still come down with a deficiency, why? not sure maybe they just don't assimilate the Niacin in the feed for some reason but will react to the liquid B Complex.
The duck is 2 months old. I noticed the issue a week ago, so ordered the B Complex as soon as I could and was only able to administer it yesterday when it arrived. In the meantime, I had been supplementing with nutritional yeast. It makes me wonder if some ducks could have a genetic abnormality where they are less able to process niacin vs the others?

Thanks for your information!!

Back
Top Bottom