Hen_House04

Chirping
Jun 26, 2023
Hey y’all! I have one VERY strong willed gal, Olive, that has gotten a huge bumble on her foot. She doesn’t like to be held unless it’s on her terms (🙄🤦🏼‍♀️), so trying to get this thing out is a whole mess. I have tried wrapping her up in a towel like a baby burrito and she looses her mind and will actually act like a chicken with her head cut off. BLESS IT. So I will gladly take all the advice you can give. She isn’t acting hurt and isn’t limping, but it is very huge.
Did I mention this girl is going broody too?! Geez! She’s a whole struggle bus🤪

Attachments

• 2EEC0744-6A07-4107-A603-3435A17282D9.jpeg
    2EEC0744-6A07-4107-A603-3435A17282D9.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 13
Hey y’all! I have one VERY strong willed gal, Olive, that has gotten a huge bumble on her foot. She doesn’t like to be held unless it’s on her terms (🙄🤦🏼‍♀️), so trying to get this thing out is a whole mess. I have tried wrapping her up in a towel like a baby burrito and she looses her mind and will actually act like a chicken with her head cut off. BLESS IT. So I will gladly take all the advice you can give. She isn’t acting hurt and isn’t limping, but it is very huge.
Did I mention this girl is going broody too?! Geez! She’s a whole struggle bus🤪
oh this is huge and painful
i will use bubble soak with some castor oil and remove it
wash it with silver solution 40ppm
wrap it with good amount of petroleum jelly ( i use it in my case make the wound close and moist )

and rewrap after 24h
i treat bumblefoot but it’s stubborn at last when it healed i use Silver solution
and a herbal lip balm contain carrot oil and wheatgrass oil and heal like wowza

I also have a very difficult girl with a bumble and I don't have help to hold her. I got tired of wrestling her in my lap while working on her foot. So I tried this set up and it worked the 2 times I tried it.

It's a cat litter bucket that I was using as an extra layer box. I cut the lid at the hinge so there is a section that sticks up under the towel that cushions her legs. Big soft towel folded up inside with head support. I still burrito her and then lay her on her back inside the bucket with her feet hanging out. She doesn't love it but she isn't being held tightly, which she hates, and she knows she can't go anywhere.

She has the no core type of bumble foot so I switched to tricide neo soaks. Very little progress so far.

Wishing you siccess!!!

1720057666271.png

Back
Top Bottom