Humidity

Jaxx_

Chirping
May 25, 2024
Hello, one of my chicks started to pip today and my humidity indicator says it’s at 84%….. I don’t know if this is too high or if it’s even correct. Any insight?

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 4
@Jaxx_ The humidity will naturally spike up when they begin hatching. It’s nothing to worry about. Just make sure the vents are wide open. That looks like a healthy pip in the photos. I like to more closely monitor interior readings using thermometer/hygrometers placed near the eggs. Congratulations on your hatch! 🥰 Please post photos!

@Jaxx_ The humidity will naturally spike up when they begin hatching. It’s nothing to worry about. Just make sure the vents are wide open. That looks like a healthy pip in the photos. I like to more closely monitor interior readings using thermometer/hygrometers placed near the eggs. Congratulations on your hatch! 🥰 Please post photos!
thank you 💕 I’m a first time Hatcher. I have the incubator propped opened just a little to drop the humidity a bit. It’s was at 84% and stayed there..should I leave the door propped open or is it okay to close? Thank you 🙏

thank you 💕 I’m a first time Hatcher. I have the incubator propped opened just a little to drop the humidity a bit. It’s was at 84% and stayed there..should I leave the door propped open or is it okay to close? Thank you 🙏
Just make sure the vents on top are open. Don’t prop the lid, because you have eggs that have externally pipped, and you don’t want them to shrink wrap. They will be okay. 🥰 Let us know when they’ve hatched!

Just make sure the vents on top are open. Don’t prop the lid, because you have eggs that have externally pipped, and you don’t want them to shrink wrap. They will be okay. 🥰 Let us know when they’ve hatched!
Okay sounds good, thank you so much 😊🥰

It’s Day 21, one chick out of my 2 have piped but hasn’t started to zip at all. He’s been piped in the same spot since yesterday.. should I be worried?

Back
Top Bottom