I’m Lovey’s Lovely Chickens and new to Backyard Chickens. I am in Victoria, Australia. I have had chickens / ducks for approximately 10 years.

Loveys Chickens

In the Brooder
Oct 9, 2024
I was wondering if anybody has used “blinders” / “peepers” to try and stop a chicken from bullying. Approximately 6 weeks ago I added 4 18 week old chickens to my existing flock of 20 chickens and 3 ducks. One of my new chickens has started to bully my 2 Pekin ducks and my special needs duck, Stevie - she can only get around by hopping on one leg. I’m not worried abt my Pekin ducks (they’re double the chickens size), but I’m worried abt Stevie as she cannot get away from the bullying hen. I’d like to break this hen of bullying, so I thought I’d try “blinders’/“peepers” in the hope she’d be out of her comfort zone and forget abt bullying. Thank you for any advice.

I was wondering if anybody has used “blinders” / “peepers” to try and stop a chicken from bullying. Approximately 6 weeks ago I added 4 18 week old chickens to my existing flock of 20 chickens and 3 ducks. One of my new chickens has started to bully my 2 Pekin ducks and my special needs duck, Stevie - she can only get around by hopping on one leg. I’m not worried abt my Pekin ducks (they’re double the chickens size), but I’m worried abt Stevie as she cannot get away from the bullying hen. I’d like to break this hen of bullying, so I thought I’d try “blinders’/“peepers” in the hope she’d be out of her comfort zone and forget abt bullying. Thank you for any advice.
Welcome.. try asking that here... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying.18/
Nice to meet ya.🖖

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom