I locked my girls out of the hot coop

I know that my run is tight. I have roosts in the run. So tonight right now it is 104, at 8:00. and it is not expected to get below 80 degrees tonight. It is hot in the coop, so I locked them in the run. We will see how that goes.

Mrs K
I leave my coop door open to the run if it’s really hot so they can go in or stay out.
I hope they stay cool tonight!

Oof, With those temps, locking them out is probably for the best. Might be worthwhile to look into a small fan for the coop to help with air movement a bit. In any case, I hope things cool down over there soon

Fans help a lot in my buildings. When it gets dangerously hot, I hang a fan in front of a window to pull air through, and another fan hanging in front of the window directly across to blow air outside. My birds settle on the roost nearest to the in-flow and enjoy the air blowing through their feathers. I hope your girls will find relief from the heat soon @Mrs. K.

I leave my coop door open to the run if it’s really hot so they can go in or stay out.
I hope they stay cool tonight!
I did the same when we had a heat dome a few years back, even though my run isn't predator proof. Figured a few days of higher risk of predator attack was less risky than having the birds inside a hot coop with door closed.

Back
Top Bottom