I need answers b4 11:00 please!

Themellowyellows

Songster
Jun 24, 2024
NJ
Hi everone!

I am bringing my hen to the vet today, its going to be like 1-2 hours long. I am going to bring water and treats with me so I can make it a positive excperince for her. However, I dont think she is going to drink water at a vet, I dont think she will want it. Should I put sugar in her water? I dont want her to get hurt there. Maybe put dried meal worms in her water?

Thank you everone! X

Hi everone!

I am bringing my hen to the vet today, its going to be like 1-2 hours long. I am going to bring water and treats with me so I can make it a positive excperince for her. However, I dont think she is going to drink water at a vet, I dont think she will want it. Should I put sugar in her water? I dont want her to get hurt there. Maybe put dried meal worms in her water?

Thank you everone! X
Mine drinks water and eats food at the vet. I usually get on the floor with them.

Personally I would just let her be. Yes she will be stressed, but when chickens get stressed they need some time to decompress where they are just left alone. Trying to get her to drink is only going to stress you out and with it only be 1-2 hours it won’t hurt her to not drink so I would not force her. I myself am kind of like a chicken and when I am truly stressed. I don’t eat or drink much. When people keep on insisting I eat or drink something it just makes me more stressed and agitated. I find chickens to be the same way, the more you put food and drinks in front of their face when they just want to be left alone it can have the opposite effect. Long story short offer her a treat and a cup of water while you are there. If she doesn’t want it take that as your queue to just put it away until you get home.

Personally I would just let her be. Yes she will be stressed, but when chickens get stressed they need some time to decompress where they are just left alone. Trying to get her to drink is only going to stress you out and with it only be 1-2 hours it won’t hurt her to not drink so I would not force her. I myself am kind of like a chicken and when I am truly stressed. I don’t eat or drink much. When people keep on insisting I eat or drink something it just makes me more stressed and agitated. I find chickens to be the same way, the more you put food and drinks in front of their face when they just want to be left alone it can have the opposite effect. Long story short offer her a treat and a cup of water while you are there. If she doesn’t want it take that as your queue to just put it away until you get home.
Thanks!

I agree with everyone else, as long as it's not excessively hot - vet offices don't tend to be thankfully - she should be just fine going without water and food for an hour or 2

I agree with everyone else, as long as it's not excessively hot - vet offices don't tend to be thankfully - she should be just fine going without water and food for an hour or 2
Thank you! Ill take some just incase, as she is a big bird and pants alot! After I clean her feet (she has bumblefoot) she runs straight to water.

Back
Top Bottom