I thought … but I don’t think so

Lidy

Chirping
Jun 8, 2023
I had purchased 5 chickens that were suppose to be hens but ended up being 2- Roos and 3 hens at TS. Anyways, I didn’t get the name of the birds because I just wanted pullets so I could have more eggs.

Anyways, I got them from the same bin and when I research and asked on this site what they were many thought they were australorp. Well, as they grew I saw that one is a copper maran(?) australorp (3)?, and the other looks hen looks different. I don’t know what I have.

Anyone knows? Pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 24
Can you post a free standing profile picture of the third bird?
Are you requesting for the rooster? First pick with the two and then the second pick with “Moe”.
The first pick with the two girls has me confused. They were suppose to be the same type of breed but she looks very different from her sister. “Inni”(black left) “Minni” (right). I will upload more photos of Moe.

Here are more photos

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    835 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    845.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    901 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    949.8 KB · Views: 17
Moe is interesting. I can't say what he is for sure, but Marans typically have feathered legs. He may have some Marans in him, hence the copper feathering around the neck. I'd be curious to see what others have to say about him. The others look like Australorps to me but I'm no pro. When you get birds from a place like TS, there are going to be variations in appearances, different combs, etc., because they are not always bred to the SOP (Standard of Perfection). If you want those kinds of birds, you have to go to bird shows, find reputable breeders - and pay premium prices.

Moe is interesting. I can't say what he is for sure, but Marans typically have feathered legs. He may have some Marans in him, hence the copper feathering around the neck. I'd be curious to see what others have to say about him. The others look like Australorps to me but I'm no pro. When you get birds from a place like TS, there are going to be variations in appearances, different combs, etc., because they are not always bred to the SOP (Standard of Perfection). If you want those kinds of birds, you have to go to bird shows, find reputable breeders - and pay premium prices.
Thank you for your reply. I am sure TS gets their chicks from different places and they don’t always get it right. I bought the black ones because my duck Lidy (drake rouen) loves the white Pekin ducks and now has reached an age that he believe all white birds are fair game- like my Leghorn hen (almost drowned her) but he won’t mess with the others. So that is why I got black pullets… unfortunately they were NOT all pullets.🤪
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering about the very black pullet. She and Moe seem different from the others

Back
Top Bottom