Incubator calibration question

maddiecakes

Hatching
Jun 28, 2024
Hi, all.
I have a question regarding my Sailnovo 20 egg incubator (link below). I should honestly have read the reviews on it before I purchased it as this seems to be a common issue with this incubator but it doesn’t seem to want to get to the temperature I set it to. It reads that it has reached 100 degree Fahrenheit but it feels much colder. I attempted to hatch a batch of eggs with it and they looked like they hadn’t been incubated at all when I candled them. In comparison to two other incubators I have that have both proven reliable and effective repeatedly, it feels cold to the touch despite the incubators all being set to 100. Has anyone here any experience with this incubator or calibrating it? I’d like to fix it so I can use it as effectively as my other two in the future. Thanks. 😊
https://a.co/d/0bmWhQKK

I do not have experience with that particular incubator, but I have two Brinseas and an NR360 and not one of them is correct temperature either.

I would suggest you get a hygrometer/thermometer to check. I have 5 different Govee brand ones and they're very accurate, and if you find one that's not, they are calibratable to the rest or to the ice water or boiling water tests.

This is one they've got where you get two of them, 30% off.

This issue is easily remedied by getting a good thermometer/hygrometer, such as the Incutherm from Incubator Warehouse...I always use one, no matter what brand incubator. IMG_4183.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom