Incubator issues

Lisab

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 2, 2007
MA
I have a styrofoam incubator, coil under the top, wire bottom, large window...
I set it up with a simple thermometer I bought at the grain store. Got 1 egg of the last batch to hatch.
So, I went and bought a thermometer that tells temp and humidity and runs on battery...it says my temp in my incubator was 90 while the other was saying 99.5....anyway, I got the temp to 101.0 and had it there all day yesterday...woke this morning and it was now reading 97.4!!! I played with controls and have it to 100 seems the bator won't keep temp.

I know it isn't the thermometer as the other one was doing same last time...raising lowering raising lowering.... weird eggs???? broken incubator?? Will more than one hatch this time????

Lisab

Where is your incubator located? Its possible that its in an area that the temp is dropping quite a bit at night and these little styro jobs can not keep up.

You might also have a bad wafer, they are pretty inexpensive and easy to replace but you won't be able to do that now unless you have a hatcher that you can move the eggs to while the bator restabilizes.

Back
Top Bottom