Introduction

jenwhiting8

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Hi everyone! I'm Jen and I am a STEM teacher in Georgia. I have been running the school's chicken coop for the past three years, and I LOVE it. Prior to that, I had a small backyard coop of my own with Rhode Island Reds many years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently, our school coop has 11 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I am not 100% sure what breeds we have, and I think our chickens are a little bit of a mix! I know for sure we have one Frizzle Feather.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Seeing all the different personalities in the flock, watching them interact with each other and the students, and the staff loves the fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, gardening, cooking/baking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm married to the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids. We have cats at home, but I also own a ball python, a bearded dragon, and a guinea pig who live at school most of the time in my STEM lab. :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Hi everyone! I'm Jen and I am a STEM teacher in Georgia. I have been running the school's chicken coop for the past three years, and I LOVE it. Prior to that, I had a small backyard coop of my own with Rhode Island Reds many years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently, our school coop has 11 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I am not 100% sure what breeds we have, and I think our chickens are a little bit of a mix! I know for sure we have one Frizzle Feather.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Seeing all the different personalities in the flock, watching them interact with each other and the students, and the staff loves the fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, gardening, cooking/baking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married to the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids. We have cats at home, but I also own a ball python, a bearded dragon, and a guinea pig who live at school most of the time in my STEM lab. :)
wow. I wish my teacher had snakes and lizards! I go to school in a rural area, so we do get chickens occasionally, but they either go home with me or go home to someone's fridge:/

Back
Top Bottom