Simmiechicks

Hatching
Jul 22, 2024
He/she is 16 weeks in this photo?

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 43
Dont think she is very good quality! This was also a windy day and she is in the middle of a molt so could be that too

Best side profile I have but standing more upright than he/she normally does

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    762.5 KB · Views: 22
I'm not convinced that's a pure SLW, though I suppose it could just be way off SoP.

I'm thinking cockerel, mostly because of the solid patches of white feathers/irregular lacing coming in on its shoulders. That's a sure sign for cockerel in wyandottes. If it's not pure, though, that might not be a sure indicator.

I'm not convinced that's a pure SLW, though I suppose it could just be way off SoP.

I'm thinking cockerel, mostly because of the solid patches of white feathers/irregular lacing coming in on its shoulders. That's a sure sign for cockerel in wyandottes. If it's not pure, though, that might not be a sure indicator.
Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your wisdom! Sold to me as a chick and was supposed to be purebred but who knows🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your wisdom! Sold to me as a chick and was supposed to be purebred but who knows🤷🏻‍♀️
No problem! For future reference, the things that are "off" (besides the odd feathers, which could just be molt/wind) are the face (very dark, rather than white/pink as is usual) and the shank/leg color (which should be yellow).

Back
Top Bottom