Jackie Reynolds

JackieRey

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2024
I grew up raising chickens at my friend's home for 4-H. I'm 45 lived and learned I prefer animals to humans. I have had my chickens for 8yrs. I have a passion for birds and a great respect for poultry farmers.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 80

(3) What breeds do you have? Ayam Cemani, pure breed silkies, Brahmas, Bantam, Marans, Americana, Easter eggers, Isa, Rhode Islands, Bobwhite quail, coturnix quail, turkeys ducks New Guineas. Not to mention the 90 eggs in incubators.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Sanctuary, sanity, how social and hilarious birds are and I have food that I know is 100% organic.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Tie Dye, Gardener, basically I'm a homesteader. Canning is another passion.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 4 kids, one is wheelchair bound non Verbal with cerebral palsy, another is Autistic, my 20 yr old is in college, and my 26 yr old is a Correctional Officer. I'm disabled with autoimmune diseases and disorders. My BF and I have been together 13 yrs. I have beaten cancer going on 12 yrs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? 3 months. Found it doing research on a chick who I thought had sour crop because of the sauerkraut breath but her crop always empties. Iits time to join I come back often just to read and see what tips and tricks might make life easier with poultry

Attachments

• PXL_20241015_214621617.jpg
    PXL_20241015_214621617.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 14
Hello Jackie.
Thank you so much for joining our community, it's a pleasure to meet you.

I'm really pleased you have beaten cancer, you are so brave ❤️ well done for staying positive :)

What a huge amount of birds you have there, they must keep you incredibly busy. I do hope you can add some more pictures, I would love to see more 💕

In this link below below you can ask questions on various problems and people are trained to assist you there. Best of luck 😀
https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/54903313/?searchform=1&q=Health+and+emergency&o=relevance

Meanwhile make yourself at home

:welcome

Last edited:
A very interesting, information-packed introduction! Congrats on beating cancer and being able to live with the poultry that you have a passion for. It sounds like you have faced so many challenges head on and are able to enjoy your life to its fullest.

One of the opening lines of your intro made me think of a sign that Purina offered a few years ago at feed stores. With pictures of farm critters all around, it reads: "Animales Bienvenidos, Personas Toleradas." I didn't need to call on my high-school Spanish to know that there have been more than a few days when I've agreed with the sentiment :)

Welcome to BYC, Jackie; it's good to meet you! I hope you will enjoy being part of this amazing community!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I admire your strength and passion for life, you've got a lot on your plate. :hugs

Nice variety of breeds you keep, makes for a colorful bird yard for sure!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom