Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
I split an order with Mary (The Warden) for pure ameraucana babies. They are 4 weeks old. They are supposed to be blue and black, but I can't tell the difference, they all look black to me. ETA: they had a tough little journey. They were shipped Tuesday and we got them today.

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

And she gave me 3 BCM's and a gorgeous little olive egger (from Ruth's eggs) Who could resist such cute babies? Not me!
IMG_2406.jpg

And here's the puffy cheeked olive egger.
IMG_2402.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely babies you got there. They all look black to me as well, but it could be lighting or something. Those little "extras" are nice looking too!
big_smile.png

They look like they are getting along quite well! You were nicer to yours than I was to mine. They got put out in a breeding pen with a heat lamp. I didn't think I could deal with the little stinkers in my office brooder. I haven't done the math but I think I doubled my flock today too! Not for long. I am not planning on keeping them all.

It was so much fun meeting in person and we didn't even fight!
hugs.gif

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
It was really nice to meet you too!

fl.gif
we got a lot of pullets. Mine are in my insulated well house. Husband won't go for chicks in the house. Besides, after 2 days of shipping, they were to stinky to put in the house.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom