Just finished building coop today!

Two reasons for my decision. We can't build for the life of us. I can put things together, but not start from scratch. We just moved to the country last May. We have no building skills.

Second, the husband would not stand for anything that didn't blend in with the yard. I would have waited for well, forever. He would have never thought once to put it together with me. I had to be able to do it on my own.

I even suggested a shed too. But he doesn't want one in the yard. Or the hassle of paying someone to build it. I would have had to buy all the extras, add windows, venting etc. Not really knowing if I did it right.

I also was going to get the smaller Henhaven, but with all the talk about chicken fever, I thought I just better get the biggest that I was willing to pay for.

I wanted to be able to move it around the yard and be able to watch the girls with them being safe.

I also thought if there comes a time where I no longer want/can't keep chickens, I can sell the Henspa. It will fit into a pickup truck. Or take it apart and store it, if need be.

I thought long and hard about what I was going to do for a solid year. The cost, came up many, many times. I have looked at all the coops and what fun it would be to do it yourself and the feeling of success. I guess I just knew the frustrations and uncertainty that I would have had also. This for us made sense.

I do plan on building if I get the chicken fever. I am always looking at the chicken tractors and plan on building one. Just because I do want the satisfaction of building too. You all are so creative and I want to give it a shot too.

Kathy- Would love to see a picture of yours.

w8tn4babychicks- They should show up tomorrow!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom