Just received my eggs in the mail... now what?? Help!

rrmulkey

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Okay, this is my first time posting and my first time trying to hatch eggs. I am a teacher, and I have a cheap incubator at home and a nicer one at school. I want to try to hatch eggs in my classroom; however, the eggs just arrived (it's Good Friday) and I would like to store them at least until Monday so I have a chance of the eggs hatching during the school week.

My questions are:

If the eggs were shipped on the 3rd from Meyer Hatchery, how long can I store them safely without affecting the hatch?

If they can be stored, where/how do I safely store them?

Any other advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

congrats on getting your hatching eggs.let me dust off my memory.just keep the hatching eggs out at room temp.they will be ok till you can get them to your school an in the bator.im thinking theyd keep up to 2wks before you put them in the bator.but your right by putting them in the bator when you go to school.

No, I hear that one week is usually the limit to store them... You can chance a week and a day or two...

You can store them until Monday and then set. Just store them in a cool, but not cold(between 45-60 degrees), place with the big end up. I have an egg about to hatch from one of those school shipments. They set eggs on Friday, but put one in the trash. DH, a substitute teacher, found it on Monday and brought it home. I popped it in the bator and it's doing great! Due to hatch Monday.

Last edited:
Zimmy.
Your Signature.
All Those Things very memorable.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom