Lost chicken stranded in my yard

foundachicken

Hatching
Oct 21, 2024
Good evening everyone!
I am located in Garden Grove, California and well, as per my title, a chicken (I believe a hen) wandered in my yard last week. I've walked around my neighborhood asking around if anyone lost their chicken and no luck. I've been giving her scraps and water to keep her fed, but I do not have the means to keep and care for this lost chicken. Does anyone know where I can take her? or if someone has a safe home I can give her to? She's been in my yard and made her home in my planter for now.

Any advice or help is great!

:welcome

You could try posting a picture of her in your State Thread and see if anyone is able to take her in. I have also had a lot of success rehoming on local Facebook groups and Craigslist. If you have a feed store nearby with a bulletin, you can try adding flyers there as well. Best of luck finding her a new home!

Good evening everyone!
I am located in Garden Grove, California and well, as per my title, a chicken (I believe a hen) wandered in my yard last week. I've walked around my neighborhood asking around if anyone lost their chicken and no luck. I've been giving her scraps and water to keep her fed, but I do not have the means to keep and care for this lost chicken. Does anyone know where I can take her? or if someone has a safe home I can give her to? She's been in my yard and made her home in my planter for now.

Any advice or help is great!
How sweet. You might find a egg in your planter one morning hahah.
You could try fb etc, as mentioned by Silverbirds.

Here she is! Haha, oh dear.. guess I'll need to look and see. Thank you!

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Here she is! Haha, oh dear.. guess I'll need to look and see. Thank you!
That's a young cockerel (male). He was probably dumped by someone who couldn't keep him in their area. :( Finding him a home will be much more difficult because people are always trying to find homes for excess roosters. You may have more luck contacting farmers or butchers that would be willing to process him. It's sad, but there aren't a lot of other options. There are just too many roosters and not enough people that can keep them.

Back
Top Bottom