Meet my first flock!

I love those babies!!! So cute. I love when they are small, they grow so fast!!! Just a month ago my teenage chickens were fluffy little peeping dust bunnies. 🥹 your flock is adorable!

Yeah, Orpington's are generally very friendly. I've had 3. Two have been very nice and friendly, but one has been quite skittish. Chickens breeds may have common traits, but they are still individuals so some will deviate significantly.

Likewise, I have 3 barred rocks- 1 friendly, 1 super friendly (always the first to run up and want attention) and one skittish.

And yes, that is early pecking order behavior.
Out of my two tractor supply Orpingtons, the one that is definitely not purebred(she has yellow legs/beak) acts like a dog and is super friendly, while the one with correct coloring is flighty and standoffish. :confused:

they are all so adorable! I love white plymouth rocks, you can easily train them to come to you by making a kissy sound and giving them a treat when they come to you.
White plymouth rocks are likely to go broody and make great dedicated mamas! Here are my girls!
View attachment 3790247
View attachment 3790248

and my beloved little Vicky, silver laced wyandotte, who passed away.
View attachment 3790249
I love the middle picture!!! She has such a sweet face! ❤️

I love the middle picture!!! She has such a sweet face! ❤️
Thank you so much❤️ Agnes would be very happy to hear that. When you make a "kissy" sound she comes zooming up to you to see if you have treats.
71D7pvsc7wZEKDydYh4-iF3xR7sHoW4jiENbxosIyJTE2KaIz0PYR8mOQ3D8sEY0vC1cqeFnvyAm6Rtsc1ZxNWb6yP0o4jc4FNbGRfhqlp3ZcRUq-soP0Z6N-H9Wg0pwvursDmLPOv1wUKQuvv8jthuxBw=s2048

Back
Top Bottom