Muscovy duck stomping on duckling

Lol123

Chirping
Nov 24, 2020
Hey so I have two muscovy mums they both have 1 duckling each. My white duck has decided that she wants the other duckling and is attacking the other mum so I've separated her and her duckling so they're both happy. Now since I have done this the white duck is stomping on her duckling and will not let it get under her to keep warm. I've never seen this before, should I let her keep the other duckling or take her own duckling away from her. They were both fine yesterday it was only today the white duck started attacking the other mum and claiming the other duckling as her own.
Any advice appreciated

Maybe give the other mom both ducklings see how that goes before the mom injures her
Yes I gave it back after I saw her do this but the other mum isn't happy at all, the duckling seems to alternate between the two but mainly stays with the white duck so will just leave it as it is and see how it goes. I do feel sorry for the other duck as she calls her duckling and it come but so does the white duck and she attacks her

You tried giving both ducklings to the mom that wasn’t stomping her duckling? And both ducklings are with the mama that was doing the stomping

You tried giving both ducklings to the mom that wasn’t stomping her duckling? And both ducklings are with the mama that was doing the stomping
I did try that but she didn't take the younger one on at the time, the white one has stopped attacking the other mum now and it looks like they are co parenting 👐🏻 the white one is a first time mum maybe it was just a little stressful for her, shes doing great now

Back
Top Bottom