My chicken looks like a bird of prey

jchum

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
I love all my girls, but this one is beautiful. She does not look like a chicken to me. They called her a Easter Egger and I think that means she is a Ameraucana (hope spelling correct), but I cannot find any on the web like her. Will she stay like this, she is around 4 mos old. I do not have any roosters, but if I did breed her could I get more like her?

She's an Easter Egger, which basically means she's an Ameraucana or Araucana crossbred.

Ameraucanas only come in 8 colours according to the SOP I believe.

She is an easter egger and that dosent mean she is an ameraucana.She is a mix, part ameraucana.Easter eggers come in all different colors and combinations and I have seen this color before.I have had a lot of easter eggers look like hawks and eagles.

Easter egger hens are often likened to hawks because of the look to their heads and coloring. They come in a huge range of colors, look around here at the easter egger threads and you can see some really fantastic colors!

I have a "Hawker" too!! Her side eye game is fierce!!
20180515_090150.jpg

I found your post because... "me too!!" All of it! She's gorgeous! (yours and mine!) ..too bad one of us doesn't have a rooster so we could keep a good thing going! Anyway, I had determined mine was an Ameraucana as well (even though I can't completely rule out a general green queen since we picked up two of those at the same time). We'd named her Lady Gaga for the dramatic eye makeup she came with as a chickee, and we all know that queen never disappoints! ;)
IMG_6173.png

Back
Top Bottom