My chickens are dead... :-(

Sounds like a weasel to me! Raccoons will not just leave em they rip em apart and thru the fence and take em with them:barnie weasels will kill for pleasure and leave bite marks on there necks they can get thru the smallest wire too and will not get caught in a have a heart trap they are very tricky to catch the only way the chickens will be ok is to lock them up at night in a secure coop with no holes.
I have em too so everyone is locked up at night i have to battle raccoons foxes bears fishercats weasels owls and hawks this is the only way i can keep em safe is locking them up and not keeping them in the wire at night, good luck:)

My gosh you guys certainly have some predators over there, I can count myself lucky that I dont have them here in my backyard! I definately would lock them in a wooden pen at night.
I reckon an old car or a light plane would make a cute pen for nights, that is what I want for my girls.
I really hope you can prevent it from happening again and try not to beat yourself up over it.

Back
Top Bottom