My duck and chicken enclosure/when will they lay

mallard_maniac

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
Hi I have 4 khaki cambells(1 male and 3 female) I also have 6 chikens( 1 male 5 female.) I have 3 black sex link hens, 1 rir hen, 1 golden death layer hen, and 1 welsummer hen. I got these chickens and ducks at the beginning of May. When will they kay eggs. Also I put some pictures of their enclosure let me know what you think
1000004387.jpg
1000004388.jpg

Attachments

• 1000004390.jpg
    1000004390.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
It’s a great size enclosure, good water, but that coop doesn’t look very predator proof. Is it only chicken wire??
I imagine the chickens could also hop the fence quite easily if they wanted to.

Please watch close and make sure your male duck does not attempt to mate your chickens.. a duck mating a chicken can be deadly.

I’m not sure about chickens, but ducks can start laying as early as 4 - 5 months and will lay more consistently by 1 year.

It’s a great size enclosure, good water, but that coop doesn’t look very predator proof. Is it only chicken wire??

Please watch close and make sure your male duck does not attempt to mate your chickens.. a duck mating a chicken can be deadly.

I’m not sure about chickens, but ducks can start laying as early as 4 - 5 months and will lay more consistently by 1 year.
At night time I put all the birds in a secure wooden coop but I let them roam in the morning.

Should I separate the chikens and the ducks. They have been living with each other since the day they hatched. Idk if the duck will try to mate with the chickens

Back
Top Bottom