My hen is going berserk

Mama Lyle

Chirping
Jul 5, 2024
New Mexico
I've been going outside check on one of my hens, she's running around the caged run trying to get away from the other hens. I got her to go inside the coop, she calmed down, but then a couple hens went inside with her, she then came back out and was trying to get away from the other hens again.
I looked it up, she's either stressed or wants to lay an egg.
It's funny, she let me pick her up and she seemed to not want me to put her down, unusual of her! 🤔 This hen is usually the leader of the pack and does not like me touching her.
Any ideas wuts wrong, what can I do to help her calm down.
PS: I did forget to tell y'all that this hen (Bernice) use to be the leader, acted like mother hen to the other girls. For a while (don't know exact time) she has been avoiding the girls wanting to be left alone and another hen (flower) has been following her around and getting other hens to go away 🤔😐
Is this normal.

Last edited:
Update
I checked on Bernice this morning, her and flower were in the coop together. Flower was nesting. These two are bff's I watch them stick together a lot.
The other gens was pecking at Bernice a little the flower shoowed them away.
I'm thinking that Bernice and flower will be my first eggs layers. Both spend more time in the coop then the others. 🤔😄

Back
Top Bottom