AkHenMama

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2024
Hi! New member and new chicken mom too. We started with 15 chicks and now have 14 laying hens. I wanted a fun variety chickens and egg colors so we got 3 each of: Ameracauna’s, ColorPak (Easter Egger), Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorp’s, and Dominant Copper Maran’s.
During my research of coop’s, run’s and growing a healthy flock I found myself at this website several times so it seemed like a smart step to join in!
My family and I love our hens and what they represent as we take steps to having a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. They have a fundamental stepping stone for us as we start to homestead our acre of land.
Here are some pictures of our coop as it is! Not 100% finished but it’s been a treat to build and furnish for our ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_9946.jpeg
    IMG_9946.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9949.jpeg
    IMG_9949.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Hi! New member and new chicken mom too. We started with 15 chicks and now have 14 laying hens. I wanted a fun variety chickens and egg colors so we got 3 each of: Ameracauna’s, ColorPak (Easter Egger), Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorp’s, and Dominant Copper Maran’s.
During my research of coop’s, run’s and growing a healthy flock I found myself at this website several times so it seemed like a smart step to join in!
My family and I love our hens and what they represent as we take steps to having a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. They have a fundamental stepping stone for us as we start to homestead our acre of land.
Here are some pictures of our coop as it is! Not 100% finished but it’s been a treat to build and furnish for our ladies.
Nice coop! Welcome and I'm glad you joined! :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom