Newbie with question about egg position..

Redneckchick

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Coldwater , Ms
Hello all , Greetings from North Mississippi. I Have Dominiques (6 hens, 1 Roo)and have put a few RiR and Dominique eggs in bator...Do eggs have to stand with lg end up for all the time(like in egg crates)..laid on side..??Thought if in egg crates they wouldnt have room to pip out...Am I thinking wrong?Have several dominiques due next week...crossing my fingers......
big_smile.png

Large side up....yup....but mine are laying on thier side...like momma would have them in the nest...so far...so good....5 days to go!! WOOHOO! Good luck with your hatch...keep us posted!

Nice to meet you Redneckchick. I live in Grenada!! Small world huh? I only have two chickens so far, I have a hen and a roo. They are Old English Game Bantams and I love them. I did get some hatching eggs from Jaynie, another member here and I am attempting to incubate them. Put them in last night. Nice to meet another chicken lover, especially one so close to home.

Marie

Yes been turning lots and candling too , looks like I'm gonna have new hatches in next few weeks to come (some due next week , my RIR's just put in bator yesterday). Hello Marie from Grenada, just a little north of you but loving my birds !! Have friends down your way and pass thru often with work.Good luck in hatching. Take care and good to hear from you.

Back
Top Bottom