Newly hatched question.

Mel35

Chirping
Sep 23, 2023
Hey guys,

So im wondering if anyone can help me here. I have just hatched 2 baby chicks (waiting on a third) this is my third batch I have cooked and hatched but this time for some stupid reason I completely forgot to take out the top shelf of my Jonoel 12 incubator so the chicks have hatched closer to the roof which in turn has dried them out a little quicker. The driest one hatched this morning and seems to be pretty dry, the second one has just hatched so still a little wet and im still waiting on the third. So my question is, how long will I leave the oldest one in before I take him out. I don't want him to over heat, they don't have a whole lot of room to stand up or move. Will they be OK or do I remove them once they dry?

Thanks for any advice 🙏🏻

If you have a brooder setup, and it is warm, then you can remove, and place into brooder when dry.
Congrats on the hatch:frow

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Oh wonderful! Thank you so much!
I also have another question for you guys, my 2nd one hatched and seems to have a bleeding back end. I don't know if this is normal but maybe you can help? He seems to be chirping find and moving around OK, should I be concerned?

Attachments

• 20240725_162817.jpg
    20240725_162817.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom