Odd Deathlayer color.

lisa69

Songster
5 Years
Feb 22, 2019
I have mostly gold Deathlayers but I have one silver East Frisian gull hen. But she only produces silver pullets because I have only gold Deathlayer roosters. I can usually tell her chicks because they are a different color at hatch. They turn a kinda dirty silver color that I don’t like . So I never keep them. I did keep her chick from the most recent hatch hoping that she would be a lemon rooster . She appears to be a Pullet. Not sure of what this color is. She is the bird in the first pic. The second pic are the colors of the rest of the hatch.
256F068F-7029-41F4-B451-575B08259466.jpeg

Attachments

• 94CBEFF8-055D-446B-B894-61AE2B598F0A.jpeg
    94CBEFF8-055D-446B-B894-61AE2B598F0A.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
I have mostly gold Deathlayers but I have one silver East Frisian gull hen. But she only produces silver pullets because I have only gold Deathlayer roosters.
What? A gold rooster and silver hen produce gold pullets and gold/silver heterozygote cocks.

I have mostly gold Deathlayers but I have one silver East Frisian gull hen. But she only produces silver pullets because I have only gold Deathlayer roosters.
What? A gold rooster and silver hen produce gold pullets and gold/silver heterozygote cocks.
She never produces males.

She never produces males. Just gold or light lemon daughters.

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpeg
    IMG_4613.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 5
This is the orange looking bird as a chick

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpeg
    IMG_4755.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 3
The first hen looks like a regular gold. She is a little lighter than usual (probably because her mother is not selected for even gold coloration) but still within the gold spectrum.
The others are dilute.

Back
Top Bottom