OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

We have 12 acres and I wind up building separate coops/runs for the ones that I rescue. I try and keep the males separated from the females to avoid conflict...but do keep a single male in with them.
That was my dilemma. I have the one Mallard Runner Drake that is beautiful but he will not leave my Muscovy and Mule Hen alone. They are always scared and hiding from him. I have my 3 little Call drakes that do mate with the Khaki Campbell and Mallard girls and now have one Call Drake Hen also that is separated with her Call mate as they are only 8 weeks old. I don't know if my Hens that don't mind the Mallard Drake will miss him if I rehome him. I have no more room to just separate him during mating season.

That was my dilemma. I have the one Mallard Runner Drake that is beautiful but he will not leave my Muscovy and Mule Hen alone. They are always scared and hiding from him. I have my 3 little Call drakes that do mate with the Khaki Campbell and Mallard girls and now have one Call Drake Hen also that is separated with her Call mate as they are only 8 weeks old. I don't know if my Hens that don't mind the Mallard Drake will miss him if I rehome him. I have no more room to just separate him during mating season.
Well, I know a guy that can take him in, if you decide to rehome him..hehe

Back
Top Bottom