Olive Egger with strange lump in throat

Hlv1915

Hatching
Jun 11, 2024
We have an olive egger and she has always had a long neck and has been a mouth breather. We thought nothing of it until two days ago we noticed a wiggly lump under her beak/on her throat. What do you think this could be? We unfortunately can’t catch her or I would examine closer but I’ve attached some photos if anyone can help out!

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    719.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 16
I don't see anything on her throat except her beard, which is supposed to be there. Is that what you are concerned about or is it something else? If you are worried something may be wrong, you can catch her on the roost later tonight and examine her over.

We have an olive egger and she has always had a long neck and has been a mouth breather. We thought nothing of it until two days ago we noticed a wiggly lump under her beak/on her throat. What do you think this could be? We unfortunately can’t catch her or I would examine closer but I’ve attached some photos if anyone can help out!
Welcome To BYC

I would wait until she's roosting, then go out and grab her from the roost.
Swaddle her in a towel or cloth to capture her wings so she can't flap around. Get a good look inside the beak for any lesions or canker. Feel of the lump to see what it feels like. It may just be her feathers, but it's always best to check something out thoroughly to alleviate any concerns.

Back
Top Bottom