pigeon genetic problems!!!!!

pigeonE15

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 12, 2013
well ive had a pair of rollers for one year and both birds roll. and their baby was born with feathered feet!!! one thing im curious about is that the parents dont have feathered feet and there squab does. and my question was that, why did this happen, will the squab be able to roll and still be pure roller. PLZ HELP!!!!!

i dont really know because my teachers husband has roller pigeons and just gives them to me

I see feathered legging on the hen and maybe cock as well, which on some strains of mine creates even more feather footing, especially if heavily inbred birds for show or roll. beautiful birds!

thanks here is a photo of the feathered baby. although id like it to get longer feathers!!!

this is when it began to fly and still looked young ill show you one of it from today tomarrow!

Feathered legs are common in a few different families of birmingham rollers. Notice the mom has extra feathering down her leg. Anyhoo, one of the feather legged genes is recessive, which is what you are seeing here.

Back
Top Bottom