Pip

Jaxx_

Chirping
May 25, 2024
My one hatched this morning, and the second has pipped. It’s taken him a while but he’s getting there. Should I be worried about the membrane being a little yellow?

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 3
Thank you 😊
Nope.

It's hard to do this, even for me who has hatched several hundred...but keep the lid closed and let them do their thing. Your humidity should be around 70% or so.

Congrats on the one!

I wish you a great hatch!
It’s so hard, you feel like you want to help them..or that they are struggling but I guess I gotta just let them be and let nature take over. I guess I’d know for sure if they were in need of help right?

Nope.

It's hard to do this, even for me who has hatched several hundred...but keep the lid closed and let them do their thing. Your humidity should be around 70% or so.

Congrats on the one!

I wish you a great hatch!
I just got 3 silkie pips today. I'm excited but a little worry it's been years.

I got one blue silkie and cheeping. The other two eggs are moving a little but I'm not touching anything. It's hard though. :love

The best advise is sit on your hands and watch with fascination or just walk away and get busy doing something else. It is like watching water boil. If you stare at it, nothing seems to happen. We just finished hatching 11 Barred Rocks the last two days so I feel your anxiety. Also excited for you.

Back
Top Bottom