Pipd's Peeps!

😭I lost one of my Spitzhauben hens and my Silver Phoenix rooster to a stupid mistake. Happened on Monday night very early Tuesday morning. Had the rooster cooped up because he was being a butt to the other roosters from the bantam pen. It was twilight when I went out to close the doors to the coops. I opened the door so I could try to get the others in and ended up leaving it open. The absolute only thing that made it better is that they ate them both in totality and didn't wast a thing. Still very upset with my self and depressed. 😔

😭I lost one of my Spitzhauben hens and my Silver Phoenix rooster to a stupid mistake. Happened on Monday night very early Tuesday morning. Had the rooster cooped up because he was being a butt to the other roosters from the bantam pen. It was twilight when I went out to close the doors to the coops. I opened the door so I could try to get the others in and ended up leaving it open. The absolute only thing that made it better is that they ate them both in totality and didn't wast a thing. Still very upset with my self and depressed. 😔
Oh no, I'm so sorry! But I totally understand how easy it is to forget a door open :hugs

Lost three more because they wouldn't go in the coop and wanted to roost in the tree! Only surviver is the oldest golden Phoenix hen I have who knows how to hide from them.

😠 operation coon apocalypse is in effect. Also operation get a LGD some time this year.

Will be replacing the losses with some of the ones I've hatched this year. And soon as I'm done hatching the Ameraucana eggs that are coming I'm getting some Chamois Spitzhauben eggs to hatch for replacing those or a mix of silver and Chamois eggs.

Should have 20 plus hatching this Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom