Poison Ivy- help!

barngirlsrule

Songster
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Hi everyone! I got a bad case of poison ivy on my feet, and I'm dyin' here! Any home remedies or little tricks to help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

The only thing that will help my DH is a product called DomeBoro it can be bought at most pharmacies. Its a little packet of powder that you mix with water and then use the paste that it makes on the affected areas.

It really helps him as he is HIGHLY allergic to poison ivy/oak and it will even get in his blood stream resulting in him needing shots and then steroids. Good luck!

Quote:
It's on her feet not in her mouth. Soak them in water with baking soda. Lots of it. Not hot. For a long time. Take an antihistimine. Benadril something like that. And for pete's sake put some shoes on.
lol.png
You kids are gonna give me a heart attack. Sorry that's just my dad voice.

Last edited:
Quote:
It's on her feet not in her mouth. Soak them in water with baking soda. Lots of it. Not hot. For a long time. Take an antihistimine. Benadril something like that. And for pete's sake put some shoes on.
lol.png
You kids are gonna give me a heart attack. Sorry that's just my dad voice.

It works!! I used it on my arms. It helps the itching stop and starts drying it up..
Not a huge glob of toothpaste.. Just a nice thin layer

Works on zits too!
wink.png

I am VERY allergic to it, and have it bad right now. I have always used calamine lotion to reduce the itching. It helps quite a bit. So does a hot shower. Unfortunately, I get it systemically. Right now, my lips are so swollen my own family wouldn't recognize me.

Soak them in a oatmeal bath,when dont dont rub it dry just pat dry....Just use a little oat meal....

Last edited:
I am highly allergic and when I get it... I us rubbing alcohol and a product called Ivarest...

Works wonders for me...

D

Back
Top Bottom