Poor turkey hen!

fuzidragonbunnie

Chirping
15 Years
Aug 27, 2009
Pahrump
Went to feed my feathered kids this morning and found 2 holes dug under our perimeter fence and then inside the chicken and turkey area (which is also fenced) and found the remains of my turkey hen. Something ate her and left me her legs and head. We live in Southern Nevada. Wondering what it could be, since there’s no hole under the fencing that surrounds the chicken and turkey area. Guess I’m locking up the kids at night for a while…😢 Poor hen…

So sorry for your loss. 😥 :hugs

To secure the inner fence at least, most of us will suggest you re-fence that with 1/2" hardware cloth, then bury 18" around the bottom. If you can't dig that far down due to the terrain, then bend it at the bottom so it comes out 18" or so and cover it with pavers and rocks about a foot high. We've had to do that on one side of a pen due to tree roots. Nothing comes through that.

For the outer one, maybe electric poultry netting? Not sure how big you have there if that's feasible or not.

It could have been a couple of different varments that could climb one fence and dig under another, maybe fox or raccoon.

You might want to pick up a trail cam or some outdoor camera to surveile the area. We also have a bunch of solar motion lights. Those are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom