Pullet or Roo?

GM916

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2023
Hello!
Bought these “midnight majesty Marans as pullets” from Hoovers Hatchery and I’m feeling like I have Roos instead. They are 8 weeks old and I’m leaning towards male because the Barred Pattern. Also not familiar with the breed. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    870.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    913.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    998.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 9
Hello!
Bought these “midnight majesty Marans as pullets” from Hoovers Hatchery and I’m feeling like I have Roos instead. They are 8 weeks old and I’m leaning towards male because the Barred Pattern. Also not familiar with the breed. Please help.
I think I agree with what several people said on your other thread. I wonder if they gave you cuckoo Marans instead. 🤔

The are females but they are not midnight majesty Marans - I have some mmms that are the same size right now and they look nothing like that. They are cuckoo Marans. If you ordered them for there dark brown eggs - these girls will give them too as well. 😊🐔🐥

Thank you all so much! Can anybody show some pics of the pretty eggs? I appreciate all of your help and crossing my fingers they are cuckoo pullets.

Thank you all so much! Can anybody show some pics of the pretty eggs? I appreciate all of your help and crossing my fingers they are cuckoo pullets.
I don't have any pictures, but they should lay chocolate eggs! 😍
If you search up maran chocolate eggs I'm sure you'll find some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom