Question for call ducks

Vanillaandbean

Chirping
Jun 25, 2024
Hello everyone so I have two call duck they are 9 weeks and I’m not sure when there supposed to get their male colors so does anyone notice if these two are getting male features or when they would cause I don’t know if they are male or female

It is about 12-13 weeks that they get their adult plumage in. Their voices will have changed by now and you should be able to hear the difference. The drakes are raspy, frog in throat sound, while the females have a very loud scratchy quack. You can post a video of their sound if need help identifying it.

Hello everyone so I have two call duck they are 9 weeks and I’m not sure when there supposed to get their male colors so does anyone notice if these two are getting male features or when they would cause I don’t know if they are male or female
Can you post some pictures?

Attachments

• IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Do you have any other pictures? If they are 9 weeks old then it looks to me like you likely have 2 pastel hens. Are either of them peeping still? Hens start quacking some as early as 4 or 5 weeks. Pastel males will start getting a really dark reddish brown chest and slate great head.

Do you have any other pictures? If they are 9 weeks old then it looks to me like you likely have 2 pastel hens. Are either of them peeping still? Hens start quacking some as early as 4 or 5 weeks. Pastel males will start getting a really dark reddish brown chest and slate great head.
It does sound like they still have there peeping

Attachments

• IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    810.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I still think you have might have 2 hens. For reference here are my female pastels at about the same age. If you pick ach one up separately and hold them for a while you should get a distressed quack amongst the peeps. I could be wrong though!

1000002232.jpg

20231016_193942.jpg
20231016_194021.jpg

I still think you have might have 2 hens. For reference here are my female pastels at about the same age. If you pick ach one up separately and hold them for a while you should get a distressed quack amongst the peeps. I could be wrong though!

View attachment 3961626
View attachment 3961627View attachment 3961628
Aww what cuties! when I pick them up they don’t have a quack so that’s what I’m confused about I can check tomorrow and see if one of them will let out a quack.

Back
Top Bottom